See more T&J here...

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Something lurking under my bed...

 Our Easter project... can anyone guess?
 Did anyone say: Super-Gucci flock-lined custom-built shoe storage?

Welcome to your new boutique hotel suite darling shoes. 
We built these 3 wooden trays which slide on felt, to perfectly fit 18 pairs of shoes in style under the bed. Our super easy project began with a visit to Bunnings only 24 hours ago... with $50 of pine and MDF, glue, nails, 2 rolls of adhesive woodgrain film (contact paper!) and 4 sheets of my favourite Christina Re flocked paper, behold...

 
Is anyone saying: That's just too many shoes?
Well, that's just absurd, that's not the half of them... there's still all these ones which are anticipating equally Gucci accommodation in the next 6 months, stay tuned!

6 comments:

CAPITAL THREAD said...

Beautiful idea! As I am just moving at the moment and I am trying to find somewhere to stash all my shoes...unfortunately with a futon there is no under-bed storage.

Kelle Dame said...

Brilliant!! I hope my shoes will get the Gucci treatment someday! Loved this post!
Kelle
xx

Jiah said...

Love It! I just wish I had the depth under my bed to do the same. Not that I really have enough shoes to justify this sort of storage but I'm working on it : )

P.S. The stunning feature of Jane Patterson's home on Design Files this morning reminded me of your gorgeous home when it was featured in Home Beautiful. Go Canberra!

Beige Renegade said...

Omg that's the perfect way to store shoes!! Genius!

Mage said...

My, what does my head thinks all this time? That was pretty good idea to organize my trusty footwears and I love it. Wonderful! buy aion accounts

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through http://danielleoakeyinteriors.blogspot.com and have to say I LOVE this idea. I too have a rather excessive shoe collection. The bottom of my wardrobe is filled and now I have the less used ones in a basket on the top shelf. But this could work much better!

Visit me at

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago